Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Full Length cut of Jesus of Nazareth comes to Region 2

UPDATEMy podcast about this film can be heard here

When I launched my scene guide last month I bemoaned the lack of a region 2 release of the full version of Jesus of Nazareth.

Well thankfully it looks like the wait is nearly over. ITV DVD, a new label set up to distribute programmes screened by ITV, is releasing a stack of new programmes, and a full uncut version of Franco Zeffirelli's film will be released in October. At this stage, it's not yet clear whether there will be any special features or not, but it's great that the full version will finally be available.

Prior to Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ, Jesus of Nazareth was generally considered the definitive version within Christian circles. Whilst, I have a number of quibbles with the film, it did make my recent Top Ten Jesus Films list, and has a great deal going for it.

I've been thinking for a while that I might do some podcasting related to this site, and when I get around to it (hopefully within the next month or so), this will probably be the first film I tackle.

(Thanks to Chip for the tip off)

No comments:

Post a Comment