Friday, May 1, 2009

Potter's Son of Man on DVD

Many thanks to my friend Kevin Neece for tipping me off about this one: Dennis Potter's 1969 TV play Son of Man is available to buy on DVD. It doesn't appear to be an official release, and indeed, the fact that the seller has stated that "all transfers are very good quality considering the age of the material and I have used professional editing equipment to master" suggests that potential purchasers should not have high expectations about the film's picturee and sound quality. (It will also be in black and white not in colour as per the still above). Nevertheless, I know that a lot of people are desperate to see this production.

In looking through my Son of Man label, I'm appalled to find that I've written so little on this film. I had planned to do a podcast on it, but sadly that is on pause for the foreseeable future.

Anyway, I hope this makes a few people's days. It would be great to hear some feedback from first-timers (or, for that matter, anyone else) on this film, so feel free to post your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment